- About the tournament
- Ecology Day
– Everything worked fine for you in the first set. What happened in the second one? Maybe he raised his game or it is just that you slowed down a bit?
– It was a tough match for sure. I started well with a break directly. So, I got the confidence from that to lead in the first set. I was moving well and was aggressive on my serves. In the second set I had an opportunity to break, but I didn’t play well. I made two quick mistakes and Klizan got much more confident. And then it started being difficult for me to keep up. He started playing aggressively and dictated the game himself.
– Are you happy overall with your performance at the St. Petersburg Open 2018?
– Right now, I am disappointed and sad because of the loss, for sure. I lost in the semifinals, I was so close to the final. I am disappointed with today’s match and today’s result. But I think in general it was a good tournament. I won some really good matches. Today I demonstrated a good performance. The performance during the week was good and my results are positive.
– It seemed like you were having problems with moving on the court well enough in the third set. So, did you have any physical problems?
– No, there are no physical problems. I just played a bit slower. It is the end of the week, so maybe I played less active in general. There are no physical problems, I repeat. I think, it was also a good game from Klizan. He was mixing up the speed of the shots. I was hesitating before his every shot because I didn’t know exactly what he was going to do. So that is why it looked sometimes that I am moving slow.
– The season is nearing its end. So how would you evaluate your season overall? And what are your plans for the near future?
– The season is not over yet. I came back from an injury. I am still planning on playing some games in the near future. I am going to keep pushing myself in training and practicing. If it is possible I want to win more matches. We will see how I will finish this season.
– Do you plan to come back next year to St. Petersburg or you don’t know yet?
– I don’t know yet, I hope so. Sure, I would like to. It is the tournament I enjoy. The city is beautiful, people are taking care of the tournament. They are doing a great job to welcome players here. They make you feel great here. We will see. I have just finished my path here, now I am going to focus on the end of the year. I want to get back to a good ranking.
Tickets are sold ONLY by official partners!
Dear spectators! Please note that tickets to the tournament can be purchased only at KASSIR RU box offices. Also you can make a preliminary booking for 1 hour through the call center by number +7 (812) 703-40-40, and then get the tickets in KASSIR RU box offices.