- About the tournament
- Ecology Day
-Are you really disappointed? Are there things you could have done differently?
– Of course! It is a loss. I am not very happy. But globally it was a good week for me. It was my first tournament on a hard court after a clay court season. I stopped playing on clay court in March, so I had only three-four days to prepare before the hard court season. The end result was a final. I think it is good.
– What happened with you in terms of health? Was there any serious health issues? Maybe it was a repercussion of your fall you had in the match against Shapovalov? Will it have any influence on your future tournament games?
– I don’t want to talk about any injuries. All the credits goes to Dominic. He was just much better player on the court than me today. My performance wasn’t that good. I have a week off next week. I am going to prepare for my next tournaments. It is Tokyo, Shanghai, and then it will be Davis Cup tie. There will be my last tournaments this season.
– We know you had 6 wins in finals in a row. Did it have any pressure on you during today’s match? Maybe you felt obligated to win the seventh one?
– I finally lost because everyone was asking me how I do those famous comebacks and never lose in finals. Now I lost, and nobody can ask again me those same questions anymore.
– You beat quite strong players this week -Wawrinka, Shapovalov, Fognini in a row. You already said that you played better than that year when you won a title. Do you still think so? Do you look with optimism into your future?
– Yes, as I said, it was a very good week for me. I really want to come back here next year, because it is great here. It is one of the best tournaments in the world, in this year. I just felt very comfortable. It was just an amazing run. I beat some really good players. I am just happy with my performance. I can’t be happy with my today’s performance, because I lost. But in global terms it was a great week for me.
Tickets are sold ONLY by official partners!
Dear spectators! Please note that tickets to the tournament can be purchased only at KASSIR RU box offices. Also you can make a preliminary booking for 1 hour through the call center by number +7 (812) 703-40-40, and then get the tickets in KASSIR RU box offices.