- About the tournament
- Ecology Day
– Yesterday Daniil Medvedev said he wants to find the right key to open your game and adopt his game to your game. Did he manage to do it?
– Obviously he did. He was doing better on court today. I think he did all the aspects better than me. I tried to do pretty much everything all the tactics, all I can think of. It didn’t work; he had answers to every question of mine. He played incredible tennis.
– What components of the game has Daniil improved lately?
– He has improved pretty much everything. As I remember the last time we played was at US Open 2018. He improved his forehand I would say 100 %, he improved his first serve especially percentage-wise. Yeah, I think he is confident right now; he is playing great and showing unbelievable tennis.
– It seems to me when you were playing softly you did well and you started to play more aggressive you made more unforced errors. What do you think on that?
– Nothing was fine today (laughter). In either ways it was not fine. He forced me to do mistakes. When I was rallying, I would make a mistake, that’s true. Again, he was forcing me to make a mistake. Yesterday I was not making as many mistakes, that’s why I say he was the one forcing me to do the error because I was feeling like he wasn’t going to miss and I would try and do something more, and it just didn’t work.
– What do you think of the show today, what do you think of the dance performance?
– It was great, really. I have to be honest, I was not really focused on that, I was more thinking what happened in the match and why did he beat me so badly. But I was also watching the show and it was great – I’ve never seen at a tennis tournament that something like this happens, so thank you very much to the tournament for that.
– You’ve played four matches in four days and were really tough. What was your physical shape before today’s match and did you renewed?
– To be honest, I felt the worst after the first match, and then I kind of got used to it. And on to this morning, I didn’t feel any pain in my body; I was really fit, I was happy to play and I was really happy with the fact I was healthy while I was playing these kind of matches – I think I was playing seven hours of tennis in the last three days, which I haven’t done for a very long time. So I was thinking about it this morning that it’s a really good fact that I’m healthy after seven hours of tennis in 72 hours, or something like that.
Tickets are sold ONLY by official partners!
Dear spectators! Please note that tickets to the tournament can be purchased only at KASSIR RU box offices. Also you can make a preliminary booking for 1 hour through the call center by number +7 (812) 703-40-40, and then get the tickets in KASSIR RU box offices.